Sorry for the absence

Congratulations to win the championship

I am very happy

--

September 9, 2013 at 2:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman
Site Owner

Welcome back Hamza

I am very very happy right now, Al Shorta finally won the title. We waited for 15 years but now we we are the champions!

September 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman
Site Owner

Al Shorta cruised past Al Talaba on Wednesday to win the Iraqi Premier League for the first time in ten years.

Goals from Hussein Kareem, Minusu Buba and Dhirgham Ismail sealed the title for an historic Al Shorta side. Al Talaba barely showed up which was good news for Al Shorta seeing as both Erbil and Al Quwa Al Jawiya won their games. But all Al Shorta needed to do to win the title was to gain three points against Al Talaba. And they did it in style.

Al Shorta dominated throughout the match and took the lead on 27 minutes through a beautiful team-goal. Amjad Kalaf got onto the end of a perfectly-weighted chipped through-ball and, with his first touch, played the ball directly to Hussein Kareem who managed to loop the ball into the net to give Al Shorta a vital lead.

But Al Shorta didn't stop at one goal. They were starting to look shaky defensively and knew that they needed another goal to secure their win and therefore Thair Jasam made some substitutions. He brought on Ahmed Ayad to replace Muslem Mubarak and Minusu Buba to replace Hussein Kareem. They were the perfect substitutions as the second goal came on 69 minutes. Both the subs played a huge part with Ayad collecting the ball on the corner of the penalty area and shooting the ball towards the goal. Minusu Buba used his 'striker's instinct' to touch the ball whilst it was on its way towards the net to confuse the 'keeper and give Al Shorta a comfortable two goal advantage. It is to be Minusu Buba's last ever goal in an Al Shorta shirt, as the Nigerian striker's loan deal has expired and he will return to Egypt to play for Al Gounah.

Al Shorta fans started to believe that what they thought was a fantasy at the start of the season was becoming reality. 11 minutes after Buba's goal, Al Shorta made sure that the 2012-13 league title was to be theirs when full-back Dhirgham Ismail made a bursting run and slammed the ball through the 'keeper's legs at a tight angle. The fans knew that it was sealed but waited for the official confirmation, and when the referee blew the full-time whistle, the stadium erupted. Fans and players sprinted onto the field in a beautiful moment of joy as the trophy was being transported to its stand. There were some tears and many, many smiles in what was an ecstatic moment for all those involved.

The trophy presentation was unorganised, but it made no difference to how happy the Al Shorta players were. When Thair Jasam took over this club, he said that he wanted Al Shorta to win the league. The same goes for the legendary Nashat who said that he returned to the club because he wanted to give the fans what they wanted which was the league title. The same goes for Al Shorta's top scorer Amjad Kalaf, who rejected offers from bigger clubs all around Asia in countries like the United Arab Emirates because he wanted to win the league with Al Shorta. The same goes for the fans, who never gave up on the club who had given them so much heartbreak over the last few seasons, including coming goal difference away from relegation a couple of seasons ago.

But they all achieved their dreams. It looked impossible at the end of last season as Al Shorta lost six of their last seven matches and finished in 7th place. But it became a reality. Everybody's dreams came true. It gave some of the people in Iraq a little bit of joy that they rarely get to enjoy during the constant wars, bombings and tragic deaths that take place daily in the Middle East. But, by playing the beautiful game, Al Shorta gave many people the joy and delight that they needed.

Al Shorta are the 2012-13 Iraqi Premier League champions.

September 9, 2013 at 1:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hani

Congratulations Al Shorta

September 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

These are beautiful pictures. Well done Al Shorta for a fantastic season! We are the champions!

September 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman
Site Owner

I plan to make a youtube video for a review of the season with the goals from all the matches. Also I have created a video for Amjad Kalaf and his great goals for our club. I will inform you when I have uploaded them and give you links!

September 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

al shorta love

Congratulations Champions

Waiting for video

--

September 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman
Site Owner

al shorta love at September 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Congratulations Champions

Waiting for video

The video which will review the season and have the goals of all the matches is quite a long video so it will take me a long time to create the video. The Amjad Kalaf video is finished but I need some advice. Should I upload it now or should I wait until Amjad Kalaf leaves the club and make it a farewell video dedicated to him? What do you think guys?
September 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

al shorta love

Amjad will not leave the club

--

September 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

al shorta love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3LpX4J_uY

This video from factitious

--

September 9, 2013 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

golarisman
Site Owner

Beautiful video

I hope you are right, Amjad is one of our best players and the top scorer for the season

I am uploading the viideo right now and I will send you the link

September 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

hashao

I can't wait to watch the Amjad Kalaf video!

September 10, 2013 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.